Printable information card: 5 Tips for Raising a Privacy Concern with a Business
This information card highlights a few tips for raising a privacy concern with a business.
It is downloadable so it can be reproduced.
However, you can also request copies by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Businesses must handle your personal information responsibly.
If a privacy issue arises, what should you do? Start with the following:
- Don’t hesitate. The longer you wait, the harder it is to address the issue.
- Contact the right person. The person responsible for privacy issues is often called the Privacy Officer. Start there.
- Be clear, concise, and courteous. Stay focused on the specific privacy issue.
- Set timelines in order to keep the process moving.
- Keep records so you can support your case going forward.
To learn more about raising a privacy concern, and for a sample letter, visit priv.gc.ca/business-concern.
Download printable information card
(PDF, 225 KB)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: