Printable information card: 5 Tips for Protecting Yourself Online
This information card highlights a few tips for protecting yourself online.
It is downloadable so it can be reproduced.
However, you can also request copies by emailing us at email@example.com.
The online world offers convenience, but also carries risks for privacy.
Here are 5 tips for protecting personal information online:
- Avoid doing sensitive transaction such as online banking on public Wi-Fi.
- Use different passwords for different websites, accounts and devices.
- If someone is asking for your personal information, ask why. Don’t provide it if you’re not comfortable with the answer.
- Don’t open emails, attachments or click on suspicious links from unknown senders.
- Regularly update the security and privacy settings on your Internet browser.
To learn more about online privacy, visit priv.gc.ca/online-privacy.
Download printable information card
(PDF, 350 KB)
- Date modified: