Principles on assistance to applicants
In processing your access request under the Access to Information Act or the Privacy Act we will:
- Process the request without regard to your identity.
- Offer reasonable assistance throughout the request process.
- Provide information on the Acts including information on the processing of your request and your right to complain to the Information Commissioner of Canada or to the Privacy Commissioner ad hoc.
- Inform you as appropriate and without undue delay when your request needs to be clarified.
- Make every reasonable effort to locate and retrieve the requested records under the control of the government institution.
- Apply limited and specific exemptions to the requested records.
- Provide accurate and complete responses.
- Provide timely access to the requested information.
- Provide records in the format and official language requested as appropriate.
- Provide an appropriate location within the government institution to examine the requested information.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Error 1: No selection was made. You must choose at least 1 answer.
- Date modified: